Parish Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer
Part-time (10 hours per week)
Some evening meetings
National salary rate: £9.81 – £10.30 per hour (depending on experience)
- Do you have a genuine interest in helping our forward thinking and energetic Council develop and deliver timely, quality and innovative services to the local community and work towards Quality Parish Status?
- Can you ensure all legal, statutory, financial and other governing provisions relating to the Council are observed, meetings are properly administered and decisions effectively implemented?
- Could you develop healthy working partnerships with key local and regional bodies?
- Are you CILCA qualified (or be willing study and become qualified), highly motivated, enthusiastic and community focused?
Cawston Parish Council is looking for someone to bring sound leadership, proven management experience, a strong track-record delivering administrative and financial services with superior organisational skills. We are looking for someone who:
- Can ensure the effective and proper management and control of the Council’s financial affairs
- Will comply with all requirements of Internal and External Audit, managing all aspects of insurance and the asset register, reporting to the Council and Working Group
- Is a good team player, flexible and “hands on” in approach; consistently able meet tight deadlines
- Ideally at least CIPFA, ACCA or equivalent part-qualified.
Cawston Parish Council offer the standard, nationally-agreed terms and conditions of employment for Parish Clerks, an individual training and development plan and pro-rata annual leave. You will also enjoy the support and professional benefits of membership to both the Warwickshire & West Midlands Association of Local Councils (WALC) and the Society of Local Council Clerks (SLCC).
To apply or request further information: Please email Cllr Horton at firstname.lastname@example.org for a recruitment pack and an application form or drop a note into the mailbox at Cawston Community Hall.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 9th July 2018. Interviews to commence week beginning the 16th of July 2018.